Name
The Philadelphia Cricket Club

(0 users)
Thumb
Image Source: Unknown
report
Next EventNone...
Established1854 (172 years old)
Capacity0
Build CostArchitectCountryUnited States
LocationChestnut Hill, Philadelphia
TimezoneUTC -05:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Coordinates40.064444, -75.208611
Logo
DescriptionAvailable in:
A large tract of land was purchased in 1920, because the Club did not own the grounds on which the St. Martins golf course was built. It was A. W. Tillinghast (Bethpage – Black, Baltusrol, Newport, San Francisco and Winged Foot) who recommended the Flourtown site and who designed the new course, which opened in 1922. The Wissahickon course is one of the few remaining courses designed by Tillinghast that has had minimal changes over the past 80 years. The name "Wissahickon" comes from the Lenape word for "Catfish Stream." The Wissahickon Creek runs adjacent to the course. Lorraine Run, which eventually dumps into the Wissahickon Creek, runs through the Wissahickon course. An abandoned Reading Railroad track runs through the course, along the 6th and 11th holes.
On June 18, 2013, construction was started on a complete restoration of the Wissahickon course, led by designer Keith Foster and Director of Grounds Dan Meersman.
Par 70
Length 7,119 yards

Tennants
Collections None...
Fanart



Other Links